BlackRock is hiring for Investment Accounting, Director
Investment Accounting -Directo
Investment Accounting -Director
Location: Mumbai - India
Are you an Investment Accounting professional searching for a significant and multifaceted opportunity and pride yourself on building positive relationships, developing process solutions and bringing strategic visions to fruition? Look no further. We recognize that strength comes from diversity, and will accept your rare skills, eagerness, and passion while giving opportunity to grow authoritatively and as an individual.
We want our employees to feel valued every day in what they do. That's why at BlackRock we strive to empower our employees and engage in their involvement in our success. With over USD $8 trillion of assets we have an outstanding responsibility: our technology and services empower millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home and improve their financial well-being. Join us and experience what it feels like to be on a winning team that makes a positive difference!
Business Unit Overview
The Investment Accounting Group (IAG) provides accounting and regulatory data services to over 25 insurance clients. Our Accounting Services include the preparation and oversight of monthly accounting packages and support schedules, including regulatory and statutory reporting. As well as working with clients, the IAG team also supports client changes through corporate and other developments which impact on our services. IAG is currently embarked on an exciting program to develop our accounting platform and to extend asset class coverage.
As our business continues to grow, we are looking for outstanding talent, technical skills and knowledge to maintain the depth. We are recruiting for a financial accountant with a broad knowledge of Fixed Income, Equity, structured credit, derivatives and Alts investment asset class and accounting skills across multiple basis. This role is an excellent opportunity to join a highly commercial area, client interaction and partner with teams across BlackRock. The role offers excellent opportunities for professional development with an outstanding career path. The services provided to our clients offer opportunities for further learning.
Being responsible for the team and handling all aspects of accounting and reporting services and meeting the needs and evolving priorities of our clients!
• Developing a detailed knowledge of BlackRock’s capabilities and service offering. Efficiently presenting the implications of the evolving regulatory landscape and new accounting pronouncements to ensure compliance. Ensure data checks are performed to validate accuracy and completeness.
• Supporting business growth in partnership with broader BlackRock teams! Act as a subject matter authority for a structured and esoteric instruments as it relates to setup, process in compliance with accounting guidelines. Provide expert-level support to clients. Conduct periodic training with the team.
• Collaborate in the continual development of production and control processes to optimize efficiency, mitigate risk and incorporate changes, ensuring procedures are maintained in line with standard methodologies. Represent team on projects and working groups in support of delivering key business and client objectives. Ensure adequate controls and processes are in place and are followed consistently.
• Follow BlackRock’s people management principles and protocols.
Knowledge / Experience:
• 15+ years of validated experience in insurance accounting. Excellent knowledge of the business models of insurers, regulatory landscape, accounting constraints and local regulations. Experience of leading implementation for new clients portfolios across various asset class will be a plus
• Dedicated interest in keeping up to date with industry, accounting standards and client product changes. Effective communication and ability to form positive relationships with business partners. Able to multitask and balance multiple requests without losing sight of overall business objectives
• The role would suit a qualified accountant (CA, CPA, ACA, CIMA or ACCA)
• Experience with automated accounting and front/middle office applications including PAM and BlackRock Aladdin will be useful
• Continuous operational improvement and control enhancement mentality. Team and client leadership skills
Last date to Apply:
Contact person Name: